Home Insurance

Building Insurance policies differ between Insurers and It’s important to make sure you’ve got the right amount of cover for your home. Do you need Total Replacement Cover or are you ok with Sum Insured Cover which is more common amongst the different Insurers.

Your insurance cover should always match the replacement cost of your property. This means in the event of a claim your replacement cost will be matched by your sum-insured. You should also consider if the sum insured is enough to cover any supplementary costs and expenses.

Don’t forget that making sure you have the right amount of cover to protect against increasing building costs is also something to consider when selecting the right amount of cover.

Accidental Damage is also important to consider when buying Contents Insurance it might cost a little extra but getting the right cover for your circumstances is important when deciding on an Insurer.

Always consider the Excess on the Policy, most Insurers have flexible Excess options and this has a direct impact on the annual premium paid for the Policy.

  • Building Insurance covers the rebuilding costs and is either based on a fixed amount or total replacement.
  • Contents covers the personal possessions you have in your home if they are damaged or lost.
  • Landlord Insurance is designed for owners of rental properties and the cover is similar to Building Insurance but can also include additional features like rental protection and tenant damage.

For more Information download our guide on Home Insurance